leedstrustforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum For The Leeds United Supporters Trust

+2
LUFC DAVE
Dick Dastardly
6 posters

48 Hours between Kettering game and Oldham game!!!

Dick Dastardly
    Youth
    Youth

48 Hours between Kettering game and Oldham game!!! Empty 48 Hours between Kettering game and Oldham game!!!

Post by Dick Dastardly Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:19 am

Do we know if Leeds have asked for the Oldham game to be put back 24 hours?
    We should not be dis-advantaged just because ITV have chosen to screen the Kettering game on the Sunday. Promotion is our key aim this season and nothing should be chanced. We have every right to ask the FL/Oldham to put the game back to the Wednesday.Quite frankly I would be very disappointed if Bates/Harvey have not already highlighted this problem to the FL yet I have seen no comment on the Official LUFC site.

Are the LUST Board members in communication with the club and do we know if Leeds have simply accepted the Kettering change or have we got a plan to fight it?
    LUFC DAVE
    LUFC DAVE
    Admin
    Admin

48 Hours between Kettering game and Oldham game!!! Empty Re: 48 Hours between Kettering game and Oldham game!!!

Post by LUFC DAVE Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:08 am

hopefully stick a load of reserves in for the kettering game, money is one thing but, we are not going to win the fa cup this season, i dont want to see us get battered 5-0 by scum whilst live on sky in the third round, we can and should win proimotion, so everything should be focused on that
    LUSCBRADFORD
    LUSCBRADFORD
    Trust Admin

48 Hours between Kettering game and Oldham game!!! Empty Re: 48 Hours between Kettering game and Oldham game!!!

Post by LUSCBRADFORD Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:20 am

This always fascinates me about the modern game.The great Leeds side played four games in seven days at the highest level, why can`t footballers nowadays who are supposedly ultra fit do this? We are playing a non-league team not Inter Milan Very Happy
    Dick Dastardly
    Youth
    Youth

Post by Dick Dastardly Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:33 am

LUSCBRADFORD wrote:This always fascinates me about the modern game.The great Leeds side played four games in seven days at the highest level, why can`t footballers nowadays who are supposedly ultra fit do this? We are playing a non-league team not Inter Milan Very Happy

I'm not disputing that. I'm simply asking why play 2 days later when we can space it out (play on the Wednesday) and still have adequate preparation time for the next fixture at the weekend. I'm more concerned why Leeds seem to have simply accepted it. Wenger/Ferguson wouldn't. Bates need to speak out. It's no point waiting to we lose at Oldham then moan to the press afterwards.
    swinnow
    Youth
    Youth

Post by swinnow Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:14 am

Dick Dastardly wrote:
    Bates need to speak out.

Now just how likely is that? Mr Bates would never think of doing such a thing :D
    LUSCBRADFORD
    LUSCBRADFORD
    Trust Admin

Post by LUSCBRADFORD Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:27 am

swinnow wrote:
    Dick Dastardly wrote:
    Bates need to speak out.

Now just how likely is that? Mr Bates would never think of doing such a thing Very Happy
    Not where money is involved Smile
    begbie
    Youth
    Youth

Post by begbie Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:34 am

As I posted elsewhere.

We had the opportunity to play tonight but Grayson insisted on the days extra preparation for Saturdays visit of The Galpharmacticos
    Dick Dastardly
    Youth
    Youth

Post by Dick Dastardly Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:46 pm

I was wrong anyway. Much to my delight we were able to still win comfortably. The strength in depth of this squad is very good, that coupled with Oldham being very poor.
    Billyisgod
    Trust Admin

Post by Billyisgod Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Dick Dastardly wrote:I was wrong anyway. Much to my delight we were able to still win comfortably. The strength in depth of this squad is very good, that coupled with Oldham being very poor.

the first goal came and they collapsed, there was only ever one result after we'd scored, great result too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:11 pm