leedstrustforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum For The Leeds United Supporters Trust

+2
LUFC DAVE
theseagullbus
6 posters

Leeds United Hall of Fame

theseagullbus
    Trust Admin

Leeds United Hall of Fame Empty Leeds United Hall of Fame

Post by theseagullbus Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:52 am

Just an idea but I think it would be important to have something to show how the 'New Trust' can help the club,without necessarily treading on toes and chasing 'political' issues from the start.

The concourses at ER are pretty bare and I propose a fans' initiative to a-brighten them up and b-give fans a chance to contribute to something they can see improving their club.

A Trust fund would be run (taking into account individual sponsorship) of a series of framed photographs of former Leeds United legends,situated around the ground.Fans could say, vote on the set number of players featured which would then be presented to the club prior to fixing at suitable locations.A short resume of the players career at LU would figure below the photo.The size would say A2 or similar so they would be prominent and would look like they were worth the effort.

It would give the working party something to get them started,and would help the club in a way that would only be construed as 'pro-active'.It would also give us a headstart with the present owners and show (on our part) a willingness to work harmoniously on suitable projects.Nobody who has issues with Ken Bates could argue that we're doing anything other than supporting Leeds United,and not committing funds to any 'black holes'.

Should we ever leave ER the frames could be re-fitted in the new ground/stand,and would serve as a permanent reminder of the Independent fans group making their mark.
    LUFC DAVE
    LUFC DAVE
    Admin
    Admin

Leeds United Hall of Fame Empty Re: Leeds United Hall of Fame

Post by LUFC DAVE Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:15 am

superb idea, i love it
    hooter66
    Trust Admin

Post by hooter66 Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:43 pm

LUFC DAVE wrote:superb idea, i love it

Agreed..didn't see it posted on here last night so I answered by e-mail but as I said then it would be a great boost for the profile of the Trust, and an early example of working with the club.
    soupdragon
    soupdragon
    Reserve Team
    Reserve Team

Post by soupdragon Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:18 pm

hooter66 wrote:
    LUFC DAVE wrote:superb idea, i love it

Agreed..didn't see it posted on here last night so I answered by e-mail but as I said then it would be a great boost for the profile of the Trust, and an early example of working with the club.

The idea definitely has merit. And we have no shortage of candidates.
    It would be good to see the current squad/staff recognised too.
    It's disappointing that the video intro to live match commentary on LUTV doesn't feature any of the current squad.
    We've scored some cracking goals and have some great players.
    It would help to give our current squad confidence if they can see the fans appreciate their endeavours.
    Garlic bread
    Trust Admin

Post by Garlic bread Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:38 am

Good idea. What would the detail look like, such as how would supporters vote, if an ST holder could they vote for their own player for their section, i.e. I am an ST in the north east lower, could i vote on what is held in the NEL.

Also, as per another post i made on the november date section, we need to consolidate our actions so we can have clarity about what we are doing and how we are doing and what it is to acheve, i.e what else, in conjunction with this, can we do that will improve the match day experience and how LUST can influence this.

John
    theseagullbus
    Trust Admin

Post by theseagullbus Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:37 am

I'd look at the decades over the clubs history with a selection in each-but obviously it would hard to omit any of the great Leeds side.A lot depends on how popular it would be but Don Revie and Les Cocker could included,along with long serving folk deemed appropriate.
    No reason why each block in the Gelderd could vote on its own player nor any other part of the ground,but whatever is workable and can be agreed with fans and the club.

One of the Don would look great right in the middle of his stand as it were,but this ought to be an 'ordinary' fans initiative and therefore intended for siting in the concourses only-really not much good if stuck in hospitality or the boardroom!
    Morleyboy
    Trust Admin

Post by Morleyboy Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:49 pm

would prefer a walk of legends (hollywood boulevard type thing in the concrete) to a hall of fame but is an excellent idea

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:19 pm