leedstrustforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum For The Leeds United Supporters Trust

+2
jonnyphoto
Lee D'su
6 posters

An Announcement Regarding the Future of L.U.S.T.

Lee D'su
    Admin
    Admin

An Announcement Regarding the Future of L.U.S.T. Empty An Announcement Regarding the Future of L.U.S.T.

Post by Lee D'su Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:26 pm

An Announcement to all LUFC Fans Regarding the Future of L.U.S.T.

I am sure many of you will be aware of the Leeds United Supporters Trust and some of you may already be members, you may also be aware of the statement recently put out by the current chairman, Rick Duniec, regarding important changes which are happening as we speak, I should like to take this opportunity to explain what has happened, what will be happening and how you can all play a part in this exciting opportunity for LUFC fans from all over the globe.

Earlier this season a small group of fans began talking about what they felt was the lack of an independent voice for LUFC fans and that there seemed to be no group with the ear of the club other than the RMC’s. This discussion progressed and those involved agreed that in the ideal world they would love to see the fans of LUFC come together to form a group made of the fans, by the fans, to work for the fans and the club for the betterment of both, it was also agreed that what would make this group truly representative of LUFC fans was that at the heart of its ethos would be to consult with LUFC fans, canvass the opinion of LUFC fans, feedback and inform LUFC fans regarding that consultation and have dialogue with the club based on no agenda other than that set by LUFC fans through the consultative process. It all sounds like the impossible dream but having begun to ask if this idea would be supported on WACCOE and other forums including some in the USA and Australia it soon began to gain massive support and momentum.

During open discussions on the forums it was suggested that as L.U.S.T already existed it might be possible to use this body as a vehicle to further the group’s aim’s and we began to examine this as a serious possibility. The consensus amongst the fans was that L.U.S.T would need changes to be made to improve its credibility and to allow for a channel of communication to be opened with the club but that if this could be achieved and new members elected to the board to spearhead a re-branding and re-structuring the fans would support those heading the initiative by subscribing to the trust and participating in the consultative process.

The situation at present is that having established that the club would be willing to open dialogue with the trust if the incumbent chairman was to resign and step down from the board and having myself spoken to Rick Duniec who in his conversations with me has been nothing short of honest and dignified we will now be passing to the trust board the details of persons from the new group who are willing to be co-opted onto the board immediately.

This gives us a genuinely unique situation to have an established body with an active and willing board, the global support of LUFC fans that now have a voice and access to the club on an independent basis through the soon to be re-born L.U.S.T but we must demonstrate our willingness to support those who have stepped up to the plate and become paid up trust members by emailing membership@lufctrust.org and use Pay Pal or request an invoice; have your voice heard and make your feelings known.

It must be made clear that this is not a WACCOE initiative it is an idea born from discussions in Billy’s Bar by genuine LUFC fans who want fans from all over the world to have an independent voice and that is what we are going to achieve. Our ethos remains the same, BY THE FANS OF LUFC, OF THE FANS OF LUFC AND FOR THE FANS OF LUFC AND THE CLUB, we will consult, canvass, inform and feedback based on the agenda you set, there will be no personal or external influence, you the fans will give us the mandate and the agenda.
    Let’s do what a month ago seemed to be the impossible dream, let’s join together as LUFC fans through the trust and make our voices heard for the betterment of the fans and the club, Billy Bremner captured what being Leeds was all about when he said ‘side before self’, we can achieve anything if we want too but we must all be on the same side Marching on Together.

For more information please read http://www.waccoe.com/index.php?showtopic=162729

Last edited by Lee D'su on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
    jonnyphoto
    Youth
    Youth

An Announcement Regarding the Future of L.U.S.T. Empty Re: An Announcement Regarding the Future of L.U.S.T.

Post by jonnyphoto Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:25 am

I really do hope this gains some momentum and people respond in a positive mannor Very Happy
    Jailhouse John
    Trust Admin

An Announcement Regarding the Future of L.U.S.T. Empty Re: An Announcement Regarding the Future of L.U.S.T.

Post by Jailhouse John Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:28 pm

jonnyphoto wrote:I really do hope this gains some momentum and people respond in a positive mannor Very Happy

To quote Mr Bates after Cardiff. "This is a line in the sand moment" so i do really hope that the new members and Directors who take up the LUST baton do so in a positive manner without recourse to slagging off past Officers. Indeed I have a hope (albeit small) that there will be some aknowledgement that previous Boards have, if nothing else, maintained the organisations existence during times which were difficult in the extreme
    Billyisgod
    Trust Admin

Post by Billyisgod Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 pm

Jailhouse John wrote:
    jonnyphoto wrote:I really do hope this gains some momentum and people respond in a positive mannor Very Happy

To quote Mr Bates after Cardiff. "This is a line in the sand moment" so i do really hope that the new members and Directors who take up the LUST baton do so in a positive manner without recourse to slagging off past Officers. Indeed I have a hope (albeit small) that there will be some aknowledgement that previous Boards have, if nothing else, maintained the organisations existence during times which were difficult in the extreme

agree totally John and i have expressed very publically my opinion and appreciation of Rick's efforts in particular to ensure this is given every chance to succeed.
    Musical Yorath
    Musical Yorath
    Youth
    Youth

Post by Musical Yorath Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Having seen the list of the co-opted new Board members this morning (subject to SGM), could anyone tell me, by PM if they would prefer, who these guys are on WACCOE (if applicable)? I would then have a better idea who we are dealing with!

Thanks lads, and good luck with this new beginning - LD, JP, JJ and BiG, I totally echo your sentiments.
    Billyisgod
    Trust Admin

Post by Billyisgod Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:56 pm

Musical Yorath wrote:Having seen the list of the co-opted new Board members this morning (subject to SGM), could anyone tell me, by PM if they would prefer, who these guys are on WACCOE (if applicable)? I would then have a better idea who we are dealing with!

Thanks lads, and good luck with this new beginning - LD, JP, JJ and BiG, I totally echo your sentiments.

no problem at all,

Gary is Billyisgod
    Simon is Super Cell
    John is Garlic Bread
    Ross is LeedsUSA
    Lee is Barca White

hope that helps? Smile
    Musical Yorath
    Musical Yorath
    Youth
    Youth

Post by Musical Yorath Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Spot on - cheers, mate. Great to see you involved. Do you remember me from the old TEAB days?
    Billyisgod
    Trust Admin

Post by Billyisgod Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:11 pm

i certainly do mate yes Wink
    swinnow
    Youth
    Youth

Post by swinnow Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:30 am

As is the case with other mutual organisations etc.. will we be given pen pictures of the new board none of whom I recognise. I'm sure this would help if we could put a name to a face

Regards

Swinnow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 pm