leedstrustforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum For The Leeds United Supporters Trust

2 posters

Millwall Football Club

theseagullbus
    Trust Admin

Millwall Football Club Empty Millwall Football Club

Post by theseagullbus Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:55 am

I noted yesterday that the jibes and abuse concerning the murders in Turkey continued unabated yesterday,and were particulary poignant given as we passed the 11th anniversay recently.This week Rangers were the subject of an alleged investigation concerning chants at football matches by FIFA,where vile and abusive insults were heard at a recent game.

I know the Trust board have had contact with Millwall Trust over Wembley tickets previously,where it would appear we have a good working relationship with them.I just wondered therefore if there is a line worth pursuing in order that the 'Turkey' abuse can be stemmed,as this is something we can achieve and certainly bring to light within the media?
    Rickd
    Trust Admin

Millwall Football Club Empty Re: Millwall Football Club

Post by Rickd Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:56 am

theseagullbus wrote:I noted yesterday that the jibes and abuse concerning the murders in Turkey continued unabated yesterday,and were particulary poignant given as we passed the 11th anniversay recently.This week Rangers were the subject of an alleged investigation concerning chants at football matches by FIFA,where vile and abusive insults were heard at a recent game.

I know the Trust board have had contact with Millwall Trust over Wembley tickets previously,where it would appear we have a good working relationship with them.I just wondered therefore if there is a line worth pursuing in order that the 'Turkey' abuse can be stemmed,as this is something we can achieve and certainly bring to light within the media?

If the Sun newspaper is to be believed this morning (something I know that you continue to have issues with when it suits your argument of the moment) it would appear that Millwall FC have already tried to take action in preventing the Galatasaray stuff getting into the ground and have already given three of their fans FIVE year bans. They are currently reviewing pictures and footage from inside the ground in order to identify where further action may be required.
    I'd suggest that a letter from the Trust SUPPORTING THE ACTIONS OF MILLWALL FC would be far more appropriate in the circumstances.
    theseagullbus
    Trust Admin

Post by theseagullbus Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:40 pm

Rickd wrote:
    theseagullbus wrote:I noted yesterday that the jibes and abuse concerning the murders in Turkey continued unabated yesterday,and were particulary poignant given as we passed the 11th anniversay recently.This week Rangers were the subject of an alleged investigation concerning chants at football matches by FIFA,where vile and abusive insults were heard at a recent game.

If the Sun newspaper is to be believed this morning (something I know that you continue to have issues with when it suits your argument of the moment) it would appear that Millwall FC have already tried to take action in preventing the Galatasaray stuff getting into the ground and have already given three of their fans FIVE year bans. They are currently reviewing pictures and footage from inside the ground in order to identify where further action may be required.
    I'd suggest that a letter from the Trust SUPPORTING THE ACTIONS OF MILLWALL FC would be far more appropriate in the circumstances.

If you read the Millwall fanzine* on Saturday you'd have learnt they're under some pressure from the authorities after the problems v Middlesboro recently,so yes a letter praising the club but with a strong mention over what is still appalling behaviour that continues even now.

Not sure theres any need for the snipes and digs on a Trust medium,and forgive me if I dont respond like you've had me do on another thread.

*They seem to be a good source of objective information apparently

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:39 pm