leedstrustforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum For The Leeds United Supporters Trust

2 posters

Ammedments To The Clubs Policy

Spirit

Ammedments To The Clubs Policy Empty Ammedments To The Clubs Policy

Post by Spirit Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:58 am

It would appear that quite a few fans arent happy about this

Is there anything The Trust can do to help?

Suggestions please lads
    Super Cell
    Sub
    Sub

Ammedments To The Clubs Policy Empty Re: Ammedments To The Clubs Policy

Post by Super Cell Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:31 am

I'm putting some feelers out on WACCOE. The truth is that I don't understand all the eligibility criteria, what it practically means for supporters and what other clubs do.

I think it's a very valid question, but before leaping in I'd like to know some facts.
    Super Cell
    Sub
    Sub

Post by Super Cell Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:51 am

This is LUDO's take on the issue.

In reality they seem broadly supportive of the need for change, though have criticisms in relation to the implementation, alongside some proposals in relation to the provision of disabled tickets, if not helpers. I'm open to alternative points of view, but if the representatives of the affected fans feel that way then it's a little difficult for any other group to go 'over the top'.

http://www.ludo1992.com/ (under the news section)

STATEMENT

Leeds United have decided to change the way it issues concessionary tickets to disabled football fans at Elland Road and there are alot of very unhappy people over this matter. We feel, however, the wrong people are being blamed for this change. Certain fans have been seen on CCTV abusing the system and we feel that they are the ones to blame.

The L.U.D.O. committee would like to express our sorrow that it has come to this. Due to the abuse of the system throughout the season and in particular at the last game of the season, the Leeds United board felt that enough was enough. They made enquiries with other clubs and found that we were the only club using the blue badge as proof of disability. They decided that this system needed changing, hence the new system of DLA points.

L.U.D.O. feel that Leeds United have tried to be as fair as possible, whereas a lot of clubs only accept higher rate DLA with no exceptions, Leeds United have put in different levels. We feel that most of the system is correct and they have our full support, but we have a few reservations that have been made clear to Mr Harvey (CEO Leeds United), these are as follows:

We favour a more relaxed system where disabled tickets are issued to anyone who gets DLA at any level and they can have a helper if they are on the higher level of DLA.

We feel this would have been a fairer system as everyone knows it is not easy to get DLA even at the lower level. By using this, L.U.D.O. feels complaints would have been minimal and that the sort of abuse of the system would have been eliminated.

We also think that the time scale used was unfair to the people it effected, after they paid for their season tickets in March and to only find out 8 days before the season starts that they will not be getting one.

I am sorry to say that we don’t think Leeds United will be changing their stance. We do, however, have an undertaking from Mr Harvey that all the appeals will be heard in a fair and sympathetic manner and on an individual basis.

Back in the early days of L.U.D.O. when the season tickets were first issued we told all the members that they needed to be careful, as if there was any misuse of the system they would lose their season ticket. In other words abuse it you lose it, little did we know that eighteen years later those words would come true.
    LUSCBRADFORD
    LUSCBRADFORD
    Trust Admin

Post by LUSCBRADFORD Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:09 am

I feel reading between the lines that LUDO don`t see any gain from stressing their reservations
    "I am sorry to say that we don’t think Leeds United will be changing their stance. We do, however, have an undertaking from Mr Harvey that all the appeals will be heard in a fair and sympathetic manner and on an individual basis."
    To me any abuse etc should be aimed at the individuals involved not at everybody.In any system certain people abuse the system BUT THEY ARE GENERALLY A SMALL MINORITY.
    This ruling is made with the same principle as the Section 27 law which both the FSF, Liberty and any right thinking Football fan are opposing.
    We all know that in dealing with the present regime at ER you either agree with them or are annexed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content