The Forum For The Leeds United Supporters Trust

Board Member elected to the FSF National Council

Rickd
    Trust Admin

Board Member elected to the FSF National Council

Post by Rickd on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:52 am

This is to advise Trust members that Rick Duniec was elected onto the Football Supporters Federation National Council at last week-ends Fans parliament at Imperial College, London.

theseagullbus
    Trust Admin

Re: Board Member elected to the FSF National Council

Post by theseagullbus on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:36 pm

That was good to hear although not unexpected-any influence that Leeds United has at any level has to be of help to the club,and I've no doubt that the success is due to the amount of hard work already put in on your part.

Its a big responsibility though as the whole of the fanbase will be looking towards you to give a lead,although I'm sure you'll rise to the challenge.

The aims of the FSF are worth repeating for anyone who stumbles across this mb;
    -encourage,promote and develop support for football,goodwill between supporters and to protect its members
    -gain representation on footballs executives bodies (job done!)
    -initiate and support campaigns of concern to supporters and to research football related issues
    -oppose discrimination

Rickd
    Trust Admin

Post by Rickd on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:05 pm

The position on the FSF National Council is very definitely NOT one of representing Leeds United in any way, and there should be no suggestion that it is.
    I have not been elected to this position by Leeds fans as such, and I have absolutely no mandate to represent them or to speak on their behalf within the FSF.

A significant number of Leeds Fans have demonstrated and stated quite clearly that they do not wish to have "fans leaders". I am no more a "fans leader" now that I was as chairman of the Trust. There is very little evidence to suggest that any significant section of the fanbase will be looking towards myself to give a lead.

I think that you have misunderstood the objective of gaining representation on footballs executive bodies. This is not about individual members such as myself gaining positions within the FSF. It is about the FSF (and other fans bodies) gaining representation in the worlds of the FA, FL, UEFA, and ultimately FIFA, plus within government bodies and so on. There has been considerable success, especially within UEFA, but there is a very long way still to go on this.

Last edited by Rickd on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo correction)

theseagullbus
    Trust Admin

Post by theseagullbus on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:51 pm

I havent said youre representing Leeds United-I've referred to 'influence', although it wasnt meant in a derogatory fashion-the experiences we've had over the years leads me believe to that someone from within the fanbase can put the argument forward against penalising the fans (as and when such instances crop up)

Its interesting to recall that Mexborough White has previously stated that he 'represents the Supporters Club' with his FSF association,so maybe he too has been misunderstood?

Well done again anyway

Rickd
    Trust Admin

Post by Rickd on Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:52 am

theseagullbus wrote:I havent said youre representing Leeds United-I've referred to 'influence', although it wasnt meant in a derogatory fashion-the experiences we've had over the years leads me believe to that someone from within the fanbase can put the argument forward against penalising the fans (as and when such instances crop up)Its interesting to recall that Mexborough White has previously stated that he 'represents the Supporters Club' with his FSF association,so maybe he too has been misunderstood?
    Well done again anyway

The position on the FSF National Council is very definitely NOT one of representing Leeds United in any way, and there should be no suggestion that it is.
    I have not been elected to this position by Leeds fans as such, and I have absolutely no mandate to represent them or to speak on their behalf within the FSF.

A significant number of Leeds Fans have demonstrated and stated quite clearly that they do not wish to have "fans leaders". I am no more a "fans leader" now that I was as chairman of the Trust. There is very little evidence to suggest that any significant section of the fanbase will be looking towards myself to give a lead.

I think that you have misunderstood the objective of gaining representation on footballs executive bodies. This is not about individual members such as myself gaining positions within the FSF. It is about the FSF (and other fans bodies) gaining representation in the worlds of the FA, FL, UEFA, and ultimately FIFA, plus within government bodies and so on. There has been considerable success, especially within UEFA, but there is a very long way still to go on this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:49 am