leedstrustforum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Forum For The Leeds United Supporters Trust

Running this years London Marathon in aid of The Prostate Cancer Charity

Garlic bread
    Trust Admin

Running this years London Marathon in aid of The Prostate Cancer Charity Empty Running this years London Marathon in aid of The Prostate Cancer Charity

Post by Garlic bread Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:46 am

Hi everyone,

Yes, its true, I have officially lost my marbles and I'm taking part in this years Virgin London Marathon on Sunday 25th April to raise money for The Prostate Cancer Charity and would really welcome your support.

I won't be fast, it won't be pleasant and its going to be painful so your donations will act as a big motivation for me to get around the 26.2 miles!

Some of you may or may not know, but my dad contracted the cancer 2 years ago. He is currently in remission. I am very close to 'the old fella' and it hit me for six. I cant imagine what he and thousands like him go through, both physically and mentally. I want to do something challenging and think, as a non runner, someone who likes a drink or 10 and an ex smoker, the London marathon is a very fitting way of raising money, doing something good and pushing me to my limits.

Please take a moment to sponsor me as this is a charity that is very dear to me. It's really easy - you can donate online by credit or debit card at the following address:

http://www.justgiving.com/johnmoran0

If you know anyone else who might like to make a donation please forward this email on.

All donations are secure and sent electronically to Prostate Cancer. If you are a UK taxpayer, Justgiving will add an automatic 28% bonus to your donation at no cost to you. Please join me in supporting Prostate Cancer and a fabulous cause!

Don't worry if you are not into online donations, let me know how much you want to donate and I will take the cash and enter it onto the site on your behalf!

Thanks and best wishes,
    John

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:31 am