The Forum For The Leeds United Supporters Trust

Yeovil Tonight

bartmart
    Reserve Team
    Reserve Team

Yeovil Tonight

Post by bartmart on Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:08 pm

Must admit when I started this journey almost forty years ago watching Eddie Gray waltzing past six players to score against Burnley, I never thought I would one day be watching Leeds against Yeovil but that’s life.

Don’t know anything about Yeovil or their team. I just hope Leeds pay them more respect than I and the majority of Leeds fans do .

Would imagine it will be the same starting eleven with possibly one or two changes on the bench. Probably need to maintain an average of two points a game to qualify for play offs, which is why
    Saturdays result was so disappointing, drawing or loosing away puts a lot of pressure on us to keep winning our home games, which you would imagine we can’t keep doing.

Oh well it would not be Leeds if we did not do things the hard way.

Very good article on Leeds history from this Yeovil site http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/opposition/leeds.asp

Pity he spoilt it at the end by letting his jealousy get the better of him and by accusing us of something that we have not yet been found guilty of.

bartmart
    Reserve Team
    Reserve Team

Re: Yeovil Tonight

Post by bartmart on Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:19 pm

A few post match thoughts. I thought Parker played okay, there seems to be a hunt in pack mentality about both this guy and Richardson on Waccoe, where they both regularly get slated, but in my opinion when you look at the combined roles for full backs of both defending and attacking, then these two would seem to be our best options.

I think Marques is actually a better defender than Naylor, but Naylor is obviously the leader/organiser that the defence was missing for the first part of the season.

On the way home callers to radio Leeds fans were suggesting that Kilkenny was the man of the match, he scored a wonder goal , was probably our best midfielder but I did not think it was an outstanding MOM Performance.

Delph and Howson did not really impose themselves on the game, too many ’tricks’ from Delph wish he would get back to doing the basics. When Richardson comes back, and if we get a winger on loan,
    get Robinson back, and play 4-4-2 with two wingers, it will be interesting to see which two of the half a dozen central midfield players we have Simon Grayson selects.

Up front it will probably be the easiest hat trick Beckford will ever score. Becchio put himself about well as usual but his penalty taking and antics were embarrassing . Still think we desperately need another goal machine to either play with Beckford when he is off form, or replace Beckford when he is suspended or injured.

Grella looked lively when he came on, Snodgrass played okay but in my opinion needs to be on the left wing, as he never really looked comfortable trying to cross the ball with his right foot, kept cutting inside on to his favoured left foot a lot.

Yeovil were embarrassing as were Ken Bates programme notes on current form and with the games remaining a Leeds V Millwall semi final looks a good bet, that will be interesting to say the least.
    LUFC DAVE
    Admin
    Admin

Post by LUFC DAVE on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:24 pm

yeovil are the worst team ive seen in about 5 million years, kilkenny's goal was a beuty!!!, The penalty incident was cringeworthy to be honest.

Jailhouse John
    Trust Admin

Post by Jailhouse John on Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:18 pm

bartmart wrote:A few post match thoughts. I thought Parker played okay, there seems to be a hunt in pack mentality about both this guy and Richardson on Waccoe, where they both regularly get slated, but in my opinion when you look at the combined roles for full backs of both defending and attacking, then these two would seem to be our best options.

I think Marques is actually a better defender than Naylor, but Naylor is obviously the leader/organiser that the defence was missing for the first part of the season.

On the way home callers to radio Leeds fans were suggesting that Kilkenny was the man of the match, he scored a wonder goal , was probably our best midfielder but I did not think it was an outstanding MOM Performance.

Delph and Howson did not really impose themselves on the game, too many ’tricks’ from Delph wish he would get back to doing the basics. When Richardson comes back, and if we get a winger on loan,
    get Robinson back, and play 4-4-2 with two wingers, it will be interesting to see which two of the half a dozen central midfield players we have Simon Grayson selects.

Up front it will probably be the easiest hat trick Beckford will ever score. Becchio put himself about well as usual but his penalty taking and antics were embarrassing . Still think we desperately need another goal machine to either play with Beckford when he is off form, or replace Beckford when he is suspended or injured.

Grella looked lively when he came on, Snodgrass played okay but in my opinion needs to be on the left wing, as he never really looked comfortable trying to cross the ball with his right foot, kept cutting inside on to his favoured left foot a lot.

Yeovil were embarrassing as were Ken Bates programme notes on current form and with the games remaining a Leeds V Millwall semi final looks a good bet, that will be interesting to say the least.

Agree with most of that however I am going to come clean. If we go up we have to sell Beckford.

He is a great Division 3 scorer but history is littered with guys who can do the business at lower levels but he is such an awful footballer and with a bad attitude. He was one of the worst players on the pitch last night but scored a hat trick. What did our Chairman say and Enigma within a Riddle or something!!

Rickd
    Trust Admin

Post by Rickd on Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:44 am

What did he say ? Was it that misquote from Churchill again ?

theseagullbus
    Trust Admin

Post by theseagullbus on Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:59 am

The (latest)quote was seen whilst driving through Italy with Claudio Raneri-presumably our next manager after Mr Grayson Razz

It was 'it is easier to criticise than to do'.

I like it cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:48 am